What a tremendous year it has been. As I reflect on the past 365 days, yeah, there were rough days but they were complimented with some crazy good times. Life is a blessing friends. It’s so easy to forget how good we have it.
One quote I heard a while back and it has stuck with me since is “Gratitude begins where entitlement ends“. With that being said I think it is only fitting to list 17 things I am grateful 2017 has brought me.
You ready? Here we go…
- The strong men and women who I am blessed to call family.
- Great boyfriend. Despite my shitty ways he has been the most consistent human over the past 2 years.
- Good health.
- serasituations and the people it has enabled me to connect with.
- Making my debate debut at the Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness Blue and Gold Luncheon.
- Making my MC debut at the Sydney Uni Women’s Rugby Club Annual Dinner.
- A loan that was approved in order for me to have my surgery by a reputable surgeon.
- My lasses who I am fortunate to call my girls. Someone say lifelong friends? #lionessbehaviours
- Tripod Cafe providing that caffeine goodness and greeting me by name. The small chat we have sets up my day in the best way possible.
- A new car that doesn’t sound like it’s dying. However S/O to my old car. That was my boyfriend’s and I’s making out spot before we met each others families. #noshame
- Being inducted into the NSWFRU Board as their youngest member. It’s not easy but it has proven to be worth it time and time again.
- The ability to read. Sounds ridiculous but questions I’ve struggled with in my life have been answered whilst reading carefully articulated content.
- Papa. He is 81 years old and is in a nursing home. I try not to take each visit to the home for granted for who knows how long he has with us?
- My job. I’m part of the minority who don’t drag their feet to work. I enjoy the people I work with and the crazy perks it comes with. I.E. Being the basketball mascot.
- Physical, emotional and mental challenges faced throughout this year. Challenging times = growth.
- The woman I am becoming. Considering the rough upbringing we had I have every right to be anything other than what I am today.
- And lastly, the most wonderful addition to our family my beautiful niece, Wila. You make me so happy Princess and I love you dearly.
This list doesn’t do justice to all the experiences had and people who have influenced my year. As I raise my first glass of home made sangria tonight, I’m raising my glass to you and I. Let’s make 2018 one for the history books!
Blessings and love,